Home Safety

Back to top
  • Use candles and fireplaces carefully;keep candles on fireproof surfaced and avoid open fireplace flames or burning inappropriate materials
  • Children should not handle candles, only flashlights or light sticks
  • Do not use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal burning device inside your home, garage or other enclosed space
  • If a carbon monoxide or smoke detector alarms, move to a fresh air location, preferably outside
  • Call for emergency help from the fresh air location
  • Avoid unnecessary travel by car as traffic and street lights will likely be out
  • If someone is dependent on electricity for health reasons, they should be relocated to a hotel or medical facility with uninterrupted or back-up electric service
tip_order: 
20