Back to top

Member Advisory Council

Applications accepted for Member Advisory Council

The Chugach Board of Directors is looking for volunteers to serve on a Member Advisory Council (MAC). The MAC would advise the board as an ad hoc committee on issues impacting the member-owned electric cooperative. MAC volunteers will be asked to assist in the overall effort to get more engagement from members, provide feedback on emerging issues within the electric utility, and connect members to the governance structure of the member-owned cooperative. Additionally, MAC members will help identify candidates for Chugach’s election committees and board seats. MAC members will be appointed in the fall and asked to serve a one-year term. The meetings will be quarterly and will begin in January 2022. 

Chugach members can apply to serve on the MAC by filling out an application. Applications are due by the close of business on Sept. 24, 2021. Mail or deliver applications to: Corporate Communications, 5601 Electron Drive, Anchorage, AK  99518. You may also email completed applications to: For more information call (907) 762-4489.

Member Advisory Council application

pdf /system/files/Application%20for%20MAC%202019%2011%2027_0.doc

Conformance Form


The Chugach Electric Assoc. Bylaws provide that the Board of Directors (Board) may create and establish a Member Advisory Council (MAC) to advise the Board as an ad hoc committee (Article XIV, Advisory Council, Section 1, Member Advisory Council). When appointing the MAC, the Board is to select members from different sections of the service area of the Association so as to insure equitable representation (Art. XIV, Sec. 2).

The MAC is a means for members of the Association to advise the Board on topics requested by the Board in a scope of work and to otherwise serve as a sounding board for the Board in the evaluation of issues which affect the members (Board Policy 601). The Policy provides that the Counsel is limited to a total of 15 members that meet certain qualifications referenced in the Bylaws and have an interest in serving as a Council member to advise the Board on those matters assigned to it and must be available to participate in scheduled Council meetings.