At Chugach Electric, safety is our #1 priority. As we work every day to provide reliable, affordable power, we have the health and safety of our employees and members at the forefront of all we do. To that end, we are working diligently to protect our employees and members as we respond to the impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), along with local and state directives, to help prevent the spread of the virus in Alaska.
In Chugach buildings, we are giving extra emphasis to cleaning and disinfecting, including adding a hand sanitizer station in the lobby; employees are encouraged to wash their hands frequently and increase the use of hand sanitizer; we are utilizing social distancing; and employees are encouraged to stay home if they are not feeling well.
Members doing business with Chugach during this time are encouraged to use the telephone, e-mail and the My Account member portal whenever possible, rather than a lobby visit.
Please consider taking the following actions:
- Use the telephone whenever possible. Our main number in the Member Services department is (907) 563-7366 or toll free (800) 478-7494.
- If you need to pay a bill, you can utilize the My Account member portal, where you can view and pay bills, track usage, and sign up for alerts.
- Pay your bill by phone by calling (907) 762-7803.
- Utilize our payment drop box outside of our building at 5601 Electron Drive.
- Follow Chugach activities on our website www.chugachelectric.com and on Facebook and Twitter.
- If you do need to come to our lobby in person, please utilize the health precautions set out by the CDC, and only come in if you are feeling well.
Serving our members is what we do best at Chugach. Together we will continue that tradition and keep employees and members safe and healthy. For updated information on the Coronavirus, go to www.cdc.gov.