Chugach taking steps to protect employees, members during COVID-19
As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and as a precautionary measure for the safety of our employees, our members and the community, Chugach will be closing its lobby to the public at 5 pm on Tuesday, March 17 through Tuesday, March 31.
Ways to reach Chugach
During this time, members will still be able to conduct business with Chugach through a variety of methods:
- Call us. Our main number in the Member Services department is (907) 563-7366 or toll free (800) 478-7494.
- If you need to pay a bill, you can utilize the on line My Account member portal, where you can view and pay bills, track usage, and sign up for alerts.
- Pay your bill by phone by calling (907) 762-7803.
- Utilize our payment drop box outside of our building at 5601 Electron Drive.
- Follow Chugach activities on our website www.chugachelectric.com and on Facebook and Twitter.
In recognition of the significant impact the Coronavirus is having on our community, Chugach is temporarily suspending service disconnects for non-payment and will not be assessing late payment fees. Chugach is urging members who are having difficulty making payments due to financial hardships caused by the Coronavirus pandemic to contact our Member Services department.
At Chugach, safety is our #1 priority. As we work every day to provide reliable, affordable power, we have the health and safety of our employees and members at the forefront of all we do. For updated information on the Coronavirus, go to www.cdc.gov.