Chugach to reopen lobby with limited entry - Several COVID-19 procedures in place to protect members and employees
Consistent with state and local guidance, Chugach Electric Assoc., is reopening its lobby with limited entry beginning at 8 am on Monday, May 4, 2020. As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and as a precautionary measure for the safety of all, Chugach closed its lobby to the public on March 17. As both the State of Alaska and the Municipality of Anchorage are now releasing guidelines and safety criteria to allow businesses to reopen or expand operations, Chugach will reopen 8 am to 5 pm weekdays with new procedures in place.
Preparing for the reopening, Chugach has taken several steps to help ensure the health and safety of employees and members, while working to slow the spread of COVID-19. Those steps include:
Social Distancing precautions –
- Limiting the number of members in the lobby to six at one time
- Installing plexiglass shields in front of each member service station
- Placing social distancing (min. six feet) markers inside and outside the lobby
- Removing seating that would place people too close together
- Mapping procedures that will allow members to safely wait for their turn in vehicles or outside
Health & Safety precautions --
- Those who are ill or showing symptoms of illness are asked to not visit in person
- Fabric face coverings are strongly encouraged. Disposable masks will be provided to members upon request
- Cleaning supplies will be provided to employees for hourly cleaning of high-touchpoint areas
- Frequent hand washing by employees required
- Water and coffee station not available during the health emergency
Chugach has a system for separating those needing to pay a bill from those needing to talk to a member service representative. Members are asked to limit the number of people from each family needing to visit the lobby to two individuals in order to safely and expediently serve as many members as possible.
Chugach encourages members to do business with us by phone or online whenever possible.
- Call our Member Services department at (907) 563-7366 or toll free (800) 478-7494
- Utilize the online My Account member portal where you can view and pay bills, track usage, and sign up for alerts
- Pay your bill by phone by calling (907) 762-7803
- Utilize our payment drop box outside of our building at 5601 Electron Drive
For more information on Chugach’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, go to https://www.chugachelectric.com/safety-community/coronavirus-covid-19.